Conventional shaving gels and creams contain toxic chemicals that cause dermatitis, skin irritation and many other nasty effects that men think are problems with their skin.
The first things you should ask yourself are “What’s in the products I’m using?” and “Are they having adverse effects on my face”.
Here are some common toxic ingredients you should avoid that cause adverse reactions such as dermatitis, skin irritation and razor rash.
Humectants such as Propylene glycol, Butylene glycol and Ethylene glycol.
Humectants retain and absorb moisture, they allow liquids to spread more evenly. They are also used to remove barnacles from boats. They are found in moisturisers, hair conditioners and cosmetics as well as tooth paste, cigarettes, chocolate and lollies, perfume, anti-freeze, paint and paint remover. They cause dry skin, rashes and dermatitis; physiological depression of the central nervous system (CNS Depression); blood and kidney disorders, respiratory and throat irritation, liver and brain damage. They also have carcinogenic properties.
Surfactants such as Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), Sodium laureth sulphate (SLES) and Ammonium lauryl sulphate.
Surfactants allow liquids to spread more evenly and act as foaming agents and mixture stabilisers. They are found in shampoos, shower gels, hand soaps, dishwashing liquid, toothpaste, marshmallows, industrial cleaners, engine and oven degreasers as well as 90% of foaming products. They cause eye diseases and improper eye development in infants and children, dry skin, rashes and dermatitis and impaired hair growth. They also have carcinogenic properties.
Emollients such as Mineral oil, Baby oil, Paraffin wax or Paraffin oil, Silicone oils, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone copolyol.
Emollients coat the skin to prevent dryness. They are found in cosmetics, hair and skin conditioners, moisturisers, sun tan lotions, topical drugs, butmen (tarmac for roads). They are used as a coating on fruit and vegetables, in baby cream and baby oil (100%), furniture polish, lollies including chewing gum. Emollients cause a plastic-like barrier that suffocates the skin and traps toxins. Also can cause dry skin; rashes; dermatitis; cosmetic acne, skin discolouration and premature aging. They accumulate in the liver and lymph nodes and have carcinogenic properties.
Fragrances – Up to 4,000 different ingredients provide a scent or pleasant smell. Fragrances are found in cologne, perfume, after shave, deodorant, car deodorisers, air fresheners, potpourri. They can cause headaches, dizziness, allergic rashes, skin discolouration, violent coughin and vomiting, skin irritation, depression, hyperactivity and irritability. They also have carcinogenic properties.
style=”text-align: justify;”>Paraben Preservatives including Propyl, Methyl, Butyl and Ethyl (i.e. propylparaben).
Preservatives stop a product from going off. They are found in cosmetics, hair care products, eye lotion, foundation creams, baby preparations, jams and preserves, food colourings. These preservatives have been found in breast cancer tissue. They may cause irritation to eyes, skin and the respiratory tract; allergic reactions, dry skin, rashes and dermatitis, itching, redness and pain.
Black and White
For the best shave you will ever have .
A 15 mL bottle will give you up to 90 shaves.
Our product is a totally natural shaving oil that we have developed by the gentle blending of 14 oils. We saw the need for a shaving lotion that didn’t leave your skin feeling dry with rashes or burning and that contains no chemicals.
The constant scraping of skin tissue may cause a variety of skin irritations which may be exacerbated by foams and gels which usually contain harmful petro-chemicals. These harsh chemicals may dehydrate your skin, making it dry and itchy. Our shaving oil is chemical-free and moisturises your skin as you shave. Our unique, all-natural formulation of pure essential oils softens the hairs and forms a cushion between skin and razor for a close, non-irritating shave.
Our Black and White shaving oils are completely organic. These oils are produced by the gentle blending of essential oils and carrier oils carefully selected for their properties.
The idea was to rejuvenate the shaving area and replenish the natural oils that a close shave can remove and dissolve from your skin. We carefully selected our 100% natural oils for their soothing, cleansing and anti-bacterial properties, whilst complimenting them with a refreshing after-fragrance.
The end result is our Black and White Regular or Black and White Sensitive – a shaving oil that has surprised everyone who uses it. It is non-foaming, has no alcohol and is non-greasy. Black and White Regular has a scent of peppermint and camphor whereas the Black and White Sensitive is packed with French lavender, ylang ylang and cinnamon.
Cosmetically the oils
- stimulate cells to reproduce at a quicker rate;
- cleanse the skin and increase the supply of nutrients;
- help balance the production rate of sebum;
- act as bactericides, preventing or improving blemish conditions;
- act as anti-inflammatory agents, soothing sensitive or damaged skin;
- help in times of stress, tension and anxiety which may accelerate the ageing of skin;
- help maintain collagen and elastin (there also may be constituents in some essential oils that help rebuild those vital tissue fibres);
- work as astringents and moisturisers.
- Sandalwood helps skin retain softness and suppleness, kind to sensitive and aged skins. It soothes antiseptic skin irritations and is relaxing and dispels tension and stress.
- Lavender acts as a first aid treatment for skin irritation and inflammation. It helps retain suppleness and softness. Is calming and soothing.
- Tea Tree has excellent antiseptic qualities for minor cuts. It has antifungal and anti-bacterial properties beneficial for the treatment of acne. It improves stamina and general wellbeing.
- Evening Primrose helps relieve eczema symptoms, improves moisture and suppleness.
- Sweet Almond Oil softens skin.
- Camphor is an antiseptic.
- Jojoba Oil leaves skin smooth and silky, is beneficial for blemished and oily skin.
- Eucalyptus is soothing for skin irritations, it calms and refreshes.
- Vitamin E softens skin and moisturises.
- Palma Rosa moisturises dry skin, is an anti-septic for nicks or cuts, is soothing. Helps dispel tension.
- Cinnamon is a mild astringent which helps dispel tension.
- Ylang Ylang is a skin cleanser and soothes tension.
- Peppermint has excellent skin cleansing properties and gives relief from skin irritations. It is very refreshing.
- Avocado is moisturising and good for dry and irritated ski